I'm Meghan, and I am a product designer, and recent graduate of Systems Design Engineering at the University of Waterloo. My degree has laid the groundwork for understanding and analyzing a variety of real-world systems, and I bring this knowledge to the table when I design.
I spend time gathering information from numerous sources to deconstruct the underlying systems architecture in order to communicate and synthesize my findings to all interested stakeholders. I enjoy shadowing users and learning about their daily activities to guide the design of a product that will fit into and improve their workflow. I focus on developing holistic solutions to problems, and maintain an eye for detail throughout the process.
Most recently, I worked as a Product Designer at Roadmunk, designing an end-to-end experience for their 2-way JIRA integration. This project spanned the gamut from extensive user research to understand behavior and expectations, to information architecture, to designing interactive prototypes to present to users, to even writing sales documents! Previously, I worked at Noom and Atomic.
I am fully bilingual and I seize every opportunity to practice my French. Je suis fière de pouvoir parler les deux langues officielles du Canada et je respecte énormément la culture française.
- Defining user flows, both conceptually and concretely
- Quickly gaining an understanding of complex systems
- Wireframing & prototyping
- Asking plenty of questions to identify the real problem to be solved
- Applying statistics to quantify UX using structured, scientific methods
- Learning the fundamentals of image processing
- Becoming a better runner
- Trying new recipes in the kitchen
- Learning all about pilots and aviation to make this app
Learning: Up Next
- Animation, using After Effects
- Experimenting with long exposure photos
- Improving my writing
- Baking flaky, buttery croissants (and sharing with the office)