Full project description coming soon.

But for now, a quick preview!

At the beginning of 2019, one of the goals I identified for myself was to increase the volume of user research being completed within the organization. The driver behind this was to contribute to finding product-market fit for our primary product, Insights, and to inform direction for a couple of new projects.

To date in 2019, I have conducted research with:

  • 6 hospitals or hospital networks in Canada & the US
  • 14 emergency room doctors & nurses
  • Air Canada
  • Public health officials from member states of the ASEAN region
  • INTERPOL

A range of methodologies have been used, often beginning with interviews to understand workflows and processes of the people we are working with, to conducting multi-day in-person workshops with INTERPOL and training sessions with the Philippines.

Another side of research: Usage Analytics

In addition to active research, I also had the opportunity to spearhead the introduction of analytics into the Insights platform, to gather passive data on how users interact with the platform, with the goal of making better-informed decisions.

Before this project, we had simple Google Analytics tracking that allowed us to see basic information, such as where users were visiting from, duration and number of sessions, and the high-level pages they were visiting. We had little visibility into what users were actually doing when they came to Insights. After comparing various app analytics platforms available on the market (Mixpanel, Heap, Google Analytics), I settled on event-based tracking with Google Analytics, in tandem with Litmus for email analytics, as emails are a significant part of the Insights platform.

Working with our sales, marketing & client success teams, I identified the most important questions we would like to be able to answer about our users, using usage analytics. With these questions in mind, I then laid out a system for adding event tags to the elements in the application for which interactions needed to be tracked, and worked closely with development to see these tags implemented and tested.